To further the goals of the Free Methodist Church USA and Gateway Conference, you are invited to submit a proposal that advances the opportunity for local churches to begin new initiatives that support these goals. Specifically, the Conference desires to support initiatives that engage the local church in the life and lives of the community in which they serve.
PROCESS, DEADLINE AND EXPECTATIONS:
- A letter of inquiry (one page) must be received by the Superintendent by May 31 to begin the process. The Superintendent will ascertain if the inquiry meets the Grant criteria and vision for the conference.
- June 5 - Request for Proposal (RFP) is sent to selected inquiries
- Completed proposals must be received in the Conference office (either via email or standard mail) by July 5. *Incomplete grant requests will NOT be considered. Confirmation of receipt of proposal, as well as request status, will be sent to the address and contact on the application form.
- SDFGC will review proposals from July 5-August 5 and send recommendations to the BOA Chair and Superintendent for dispersal to the BOA for approval or denial.
- September 1 – notification of awards sent
- Dispersal of grant awards will occur in January; grant cycle will be one calendar year unless multi-year awards are made.
June 4-Day Camp (Grades K-2)
June 4-10-Durley Family Camp Week
June 13-17-Young Teen 1 (Grades 6-9)
June 20-24-Young Teen 2 (Grades 6-9)
June 27-30-Guide Camp (Grades 4-6)
July 6-8-Trailblazer Camp (Grades 2-4)
September 2-4-Senior Teen Weekend (Grades 9-12)
For more information:
We will have our Christmas Luncheon for Gateway Conference Members and Board and Committee Members. Invitations will be mailed in early November.
More information coming soon!